Terms and Conditions for The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd
Our terms and conditions are split into sections shown in the tabs below.
- Website use
- REWARDS scheme
- Customer Testimonials
- Restaurant Bookings
- Conference Rooms
- Disco & Craft
- NetZone & WiFi
The purpose of this website is to enable a visitor to obtain information about Custom House products, events, services and news. The following terms and conditions relating to the use of the site are intended to reflect this on a common sense basis. All visitors to this site agree to be bound by these conditions and by any subsequent variation or amendment to them.
2. Copyright and Intellectual Property
The Custom House (Barrow)Ltd is a UK limited company whose registered office is at 1 Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 5UF, UK company registered number is nnnnnn. The copyright in all written material, design, text and graphics made available upon or portrayed by this site is owned The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd. Nothing contained within these conditions or elsewhere upon this site confers or may be taken to confer any licence upon a visitor in respect of these intellectual property rights. In the event that a visitor is proved to have infringed any of these intellectual property rights, The Custom House will seek to recover all loss and damage arising therefrom together with all costs associated with such recovery.
3. Permitted Use
The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd does not seek to control or influence the use by visitors to this site of any material appearing upon those.
Neither The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd nor any individual associated with it (including but not limited to its directors, shareholders and employees) shall be liable for any loss or damage incurred by any visitor to this site, whether arising from access to the site contents, use of any of the material contained upon this site, temporary or permanent unavailability of the whole or any part of those site, or otherwise.
5. Change to Site Contents
The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd reserve the right at all times to make any change to the contents of this site and to these terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of all visitors to this site to ensure that they are fully aware of the most up to date version of the site contents and of these terms before entering into any commitment in reliance in whole or in part upon the site contents or these terms.
6. Submission of Material to this Site
No material may be submitted via this site to The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd or registered users, whether via their forums or otherwise, which is in any way in breach of any legislation or the legal rights of any third party, knowingly inaccurate, threatening or offensive, or calculated or likely to interfere with the proper functioning of those sites. Any breach of this provision will render the party in breach liable to indemnify The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd against any damages, claims, costs or other liabilities that it may suffer or incur as a result (whether directly or indirectly) of such breach.
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Any dispute arising hereunder shall fall exclusively within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
8. Changes To These Terms And Conditions
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
At The Custom House we know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly.
By visiting 1abbeyroad.co.uk, or registering, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by The Custom House is controlled by The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd, 1 Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 5UF.
What Personal Information About Members Does The Custom House Gather?
The information we learn from members helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at 1abbeyroad.co.uk.
We use the information to communicate with you about offers, products and services, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer testimonials and recommend businesses and services that might be of interest to you.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future offers for you, improving our Site and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses 1abbeyroad.co.uk. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at 1abbeyroad.co.uk if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications:
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from 1abbeyraod.co.uk if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know by amending your Profile on the Site.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are files that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as, personalised greetings.
If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Does 1abbeyroad.co.uk share the Information it receives?
No. Information about our members is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
Are Children Allowed become Members of 1abbeyroad.co.uk?
No. Members must be over 18 years of age.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at 1abbeyroad.co.uk, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Terms & Conditions will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes
1. The Scheme
To collect points for a transaction, your card must be presented at the till or your membership number quoted. (points cannot be added retrospectively)
Points collected at PlayZone, LazerZone or Partner stores (see below) will be credited to the same account.
Where there is more than one cardholder in a group each cardholder will be credited points to the value of the transaction that they pay for.
Points will not be given for: purchases of drinks directly over the bar. Other products or services may also be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of The Custom House. Bonus points for
recommending a friend to join REWARDS are only applied after the new card holder has used their card at least once and within 3 months of registration.
The Testimonials section of our web site is fully moderated. Every Testimonial submitted will be checked by us for compliance with our Content Standards before it is published. We will try to publish as many Testimonials as we can but we cannot guarantee that all Testimonials will be published. We also cannot guarantee how quickly Testimonials will be posted as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Although the Testimonials are fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Testimonials or any other service we provide on our web site and we may stop moderating the Testimonials section at any time. We reserve the right to not publish any Testimonial which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of our Content Standards or any third party rights.
2. Submission Of Testimonials
To add a Testimonial, please register on the website and follow the simple steps to submit your Testimonial.
3. Content Standards
These Content Standards apply to your Testimonial. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, at our sole discretion, whether a Testimonial breaches our Content Standards. We reserve the right not to publish Testimonials, to amend content or remove Testimonials at any time from our web site without notice. Publication of Testimonials does not mean that we agree with or endorse any opinion or advice expressed.
Your Testimonial must:
- 1) Be accurate (where it states facts), truthful and be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- 2) Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- 3) Be relevant, constructive and helpful to other users of the site and be from your own genuine personal experiences.
Feel free to explain any negative experiences, but your Testimonial will not be posted if we deem it to be in breach of these conditions.
You agree that your Testimonial will not:
- 1) Be defamatory of any person; obscene; offensive; hateful or inflammatory.
- 2) Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- 3) Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- 3) Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- 4) Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or be in contempt of court.
- 5) Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person. Your Testimonial should be of the business not the individuals involved.
- 6) Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- 7) Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- 8) Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
You understand and acknowledge that information posted or transmitted by reviewers is the sole responsibility of the person from which such material originated.
The Custom House shall not in any way be held responsible or liable for reliance by users on any information that is obtained from a Testimonial. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the content, information or usefulness for any particular purpose.
You shall remain solely liable for the content of any Testimonial you submit. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Custom House, and its, directors, officers and employees from and against any claim, liability, cost, damage other expenses or loss we may incur (including, without limitation, legal fees) as a result of any material you post in a Testimonial or any violation by you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
By submitting a Testimonial, you agree to grant The Custom House a non-exclusive licence to use that Testimonial and the unrestricted right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Testimonial for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, as we see fit, without acknowledgement or compensation to you. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. The Custom House may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Testimonial in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
If you wish to complain about any Testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then re-examine the Testimonial and decide whether it complies with our Content Standards. We will deal with any Testimonial which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards and will remove any offending content and take such action as we deem appropriate. We will inform you of the
Terms & Conditions of Hire
- All bookings require a deposit payment or company purchase order for approved account holders. Deposits are non refundable.
- An administration charge of £25 per session is payable in the event of a cancellation.
- Room hire will be charged in full unless a cancellation is made more than 7 working days in advance of a booking.
- A provisional booking is not a guarantee of a booking and may be held up to 5 working days. Should a request for the same date be made by another customer within the same 5 days, The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd. Will endeavour to the contact the original customer for confirmation, however, if contact cannot be established then the second customer will be offered the facility.
- Numbers for food and drink must be confirmed 48 hours prior to the booking. Food and drink will be charged for the number booked or the number attending, whichever is the greater.
- All buffets will be charged for a minimum of 15 people.
- Non-account customers must settle accounts in full on day of hire. Account customers will be invoiced and must settle within 30 days.
- Where a room has been hired for the minimum period of up to 2 hours but usage of the room exceeds the minimum, an additional charge will be made.
- Hire across two time slots will attract a minimum of a three hour charge.
- Hire commences from the time of first access to the room and ends when the last person leaves.
- The hirer is required to inform Custom House staff when a room is finally vacated.
- The hirer is responsible for any theft from, or damage to building fabric or equipment. Any repairs or replacement needed as a direct result of the hire will be charged at the cost of such repair or replacement.
- Charges for hire, equipment, services, food and drink will be made at the published prevailing rates at the time of hire.
- The hirer will take full responsibility for the safety of all members of the public attending the premises at the time of hire, maintaining free and unrestricted access to doors and passageways and bringing emergency escape procedures to the attention of all attendees.
- The hirer shall allow the staff of The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd access to any part of the premises at all times during the hire.
- The hirer shall not use nor permit use of anything that shall or may increase the risk of fire.
- The hirer shall not sublet the premises.
- The hirer shall indemnify the directors and staff of The Custom House (Barrow) Ltd against any action, claim, costs or damages in respect of injury or damage to persons or items or for any loss occurred during the period of hire.
- The hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that agreed.
- The hirer shall ensure adequate control and supervision to secure quiet and orderly conduct by the public using, entering or leaving the premises.
- The hirer shall ensure that the premises are vacated in a clean and orderly condition.
- The hirer shall ensure that all electrical items used during the period of hire are switched off before vacating the premises.
- The hirer may not bring onto the premises any mains operated electrical equipment without prior consent. All such electrical equipment must be compliant with the electricity at work regulations act 1989 and carry a current PAT test label.
Terms and Conditions
- Arrival and pick-up procedure: We ask that the party child and guardians arrive promptly. This is so that the birthday child can greet all their guests and meet their Party Host. Please make sure all parents are aware of the finish time of the party, as children need to be collected on time.
- Clothing: Children playing in PlayZone must wear socks at all times and long sleeved tops are advisable. Children who are toilet training should wear adequate protection e.g. nappies/pull-ups
- Valuables: Lockers are available for hire at PlayZone Reception. PlayZone cannot be held responsible for items lost, damaged or stolen on the premises.
- Behaviour: Children are expected to behave in an appropriate manner respecting the safety and enjoyment of all other children. Although a Party Host is provided, parents and guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
- Pricing: PlayZone reserve the right to make changes to prices without notification.
- Deposits/Cancellations: A deposit is required for all group bookings and children's parties. Please note that if a deposit is not received within the timeframe stated, then the party will be cancelled without prior notice.
- Minimum Numbers: The minimum number for a PlayZone children's party is 10 and in all cases you will be required to pay for a minimum of 10 guests. (Other party packages may have a different minumum numbers - ask staff for details) You should notify us of any changes to final numbers within 24hrs of the party and then if there is any change to this final number on the day of the party you must pay £1.25 per child who has not attended. Extras such as balloons must also be paid for in full.
- Exclusive Use: Please note that unless you have booked exclusive PlayZone hire or a package that offers this then you will be playing in PlayZone with other members of the public, however, a party area is set-aside exclusively for your party.
- Playtime Restrictions: The children's party package offers up to 1 ½ hrs playtime but the exact time depends on the age of the children. The whole party lasts 2 hours and we need to allow sufficient time for food, cake and party games.
- Safety: All parties have a party host but at least 1 responsible adult per 5 children must remain within PlayZone for the duration of the party and is to be responsible for the behavior of the group at all times.
- The Safety of children within PlayZone is of paramount importance to us so please be aware of the following points:
- Close the electronic gates on entering and leaving PlayZone.
- No glass items allowed on the 1st floor.
- PlayZone operates a no smoking policy.
- Alcohol available only at specified times and usual licensing laws apply.
- Chewing gum is not permitted.
- Please note that cctv recording is carried out for the purposes of crime prevention.
Terms and Conditions
Arrival We ask that party groups arrive 15 minutes before the first game is due to start. This is to allow both for latecomers and for us to collect names of players to program into the game. Where possible, latecomers arriving after the game has started will join in the running game as soon as staff resources allow.
Age Restrictions For health and safety reasons LazerZone recommends that children should be over 8 years of age. 7 year old children may play with parental permission and if they meet the LazerZone height restriction of 117cm they will be admitted at the discretion of the LazerZone supervisor. No one under the age of 7 may play in the arena but may play in the PlayZone at a discounted rate (please enquire for further details).
Packs LazerZone operate state-of-the-art electronic equipment in a busy game environment. We endeavour, through constant maintenance, to keep all equipment working all of the time. We cannot guarantee, however, 100% operational equipment all of the time and it is the nature of electronics that when treated roughly problems will develop. If a pack fails during a game, the game marshal will, as quickly as possible, configure a spare pack. If no spare is available, then unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to get you back in the game. Following pack problems in a game, LazerZone may extend game time to compensate. However, during periods of high activity this may not be possible. A player will be deemed to have had pack problems during any one game if they have missed an estimated 3 minutes or more of play.
Game Duration LazerZone generally operates a 15 minutes game duration. However, LazerZone reserves the right to alter this duration to a game time of 12 minutes at any time and without notice.
Pricing LazerZone reserves the right to make changes to prices without notice. The minimum number for a party is 12 and in all cases you will be required to pay for a minimum of 12 guests. You should notify us of any changes to final numbers within 24hrs of the party.
Deposits/Cancellations A deposit is required for all Group bookings and Parties or a company purchase order for approved account holders. Please note that if a deposit is not received within the timeframe stated overleaf, then the party will be cancelled without prior notice. Deposits are non-refundable.
Rules LazerZone operate strict rules about no running, no climbing and no physical contact and these are briefed prior to every game. Anyone breaking these rules or acting in a dangerous or aggressive manner will be asked to leave the arena. Anyone asked to leave the arena will have no right of refund for the game. Playing under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited. We recommend that players do not drink alcohol prior to play. If, in the judgement of LazerZone staff, the behaviour of a player suggests that they are under the influence of alcohol they will not be permitted to play. This rule is to safeguard the personal safety of all players.
Exclusive Arena Use Please note that unless you have booked exclusive arena hire or a package that offers exclusive use of the arena you may be playing in the arena with other members of the public.
Arrival and pick-up procedure
We ask that the party child and guardians arrive promptly. This is so that the birthday child can greet all their guests and meet the party host.
Please make sure all parents are aware of the finish time of the party, as children need to be collected on time.
The Custom House cannot be held responsible for items lost, damaged or stolen on the premises.
Children are expected to behave in an appropriate manner respecting the safety and enjoyment of all other children. Although a party host is provided, parents and guardians are responsible for their children at all times.
The Custom House reserve the right to make changes to prices without notification.
A deposit is required for all group bookings and childrens parties.
Please note that if a deposit is not received within the timeframe stated overleaf, then the party will be cancelled without prior notice.
All parties have a party host but at least 1 responsible adult per 5 children must remain present for the duration of the party and is to be responsible for the behaviour of the group at all times.
The Safety of children within The Custom House is of paramount importance to us so please be aware of the following points:
The Custom House operate a no smoking policy.
No alcohol or anyone under the influence of alcohol is allowed into PlayZone/LazerZone areas.
Chewing gum is not permitted
Minimum Numbers: 8
Please note that in all cases you will be required to pay for a minimum of 8 guests.
Any changes to final numbers should be notified within 24hrs of the party.
Please inform us of any dietary requirements at least 24hrs in advance. Outside catering is not permitted. A cake may be brought in and candles lit but due to time constraints and health and safety regulations the cake will not be able to cut up for you. A cake is provided as are party bags. If you wish to supplement our package in any way it must be agreed in advance with the duty manager.
For adults attending your party we offer a sandwich platter with potato wedges and nachos with salsa dip for £12.25 serving 3 - 4 people, pre-booking is essential.
Parking and access: you may park in the Halfords car park opposite for up to 3 hours (parking restrictions apply, The Custom House accepts no liability for cars parked here as they do not own the property). Please use the Abbey Road entrance and the lift to the 2nd floor reception area. Please do not enter via the restaurant.
Although aprons are provided to minimise spillages to clothes we cannot be held responsible for any damage to clothes as many of the products used are permanent. So it is advisable that you inform all guests on this matter.
If you wish to make any alterations please contact us on 823823.